The Splash Pad at Hummel Park is currently CLOSED for the season. When open, it is available daily from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. The Splash Pad is recommended for use by children ages 12 and under.
Splash Pad Rules
1. Splash Pad hours are 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily during the season, as weather permits. To activate the Splash Pad, touch the button in the center of the blue drain.
2. All persons using the Splash Pad do so at their own risk. No life guard is on duty.
3. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
4. Groups of 12 or more people visiting the Splash Pad as a group, or any organized group attending must contact the office of the park administrator at (317) 839-9121 in advance of its visit and must have a valid certificate of liability insurance on file with Hummel Park.
5. Appropriate swim attire is required on the Splash Pad. Cut-offs, gym shorts, dress shorts, thongs and transparent swimsuits are prohibited.
6. Any person wearing a diaper must use a swim diaper covered with plastic or rubber pants underneath their swimsuit. Changing of clothing or diapers near the Splash Pad is prohibited.
7. Slip-resistant water shoes are recommended at all times for all guests on the Splash Pad.
8. The maximum capacity for the Splash Pad is 45 people. Hummel Park reserves the right to limit entry if the Splash Pad is at reasonable capacity.
9. Rough or dangerous play, running, climbing, hanging or pulling on Splash Pad fixtures, sitting or standing on Splash Pad fixtures, blocking the flow of water or introducing sticks, rocks, sand or any foreign object into the Splash Pad fixtures is prohibited.
10. Smoking is prohibited at Hummel Park, including in and around the Splash Pad.
11. Animals are prohibited within 10 feet of the Splash Pad,
12. Sharp objects, glass containers, food containers, food and drinks of any type are all prohibited on the Splash Pad.
13. Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, roller blades, skates of any type, strollers or any other type of wheeled vehicle (except wheelchairs and assistive devices) are prohibited on and around the Splash Pad area.
14. Beach and water toys, athletic equipment, balls, bats, beach balls, buckets, cups, “Noodles” and other toys are prohibited on the Splash Pad.
15. Spitting and nose blowing are prohibited on and around the Splash Pad.
16. Persons who have a contagious disease, persons who have had diarrhea within the last two weeks, persons with nausea, persons with skin or eye irritations or infections, persons with respiratory infections, persons with open lesions, wounds or cuts are all prohibited from the Splash Pad,
17. Use of the Splash Pad is prohibited during severe or dangerous weather. Everyone must vacate the Splash Pad and surrounding area at the first sound of thunder and remain off the Pad until 20 minutes after the last thunder is heard. The Splash Pad is CLOSED when lightning or severe weather is in the area.
18. Lawn chairs and furniture of any type is prohibited within the Splash Pad area. No electrical appliances may be used within 10 feet of the Splash Pad area.
19. No illegal, disruptive, destructive or inappropriate behavior or language is allowed.
20. Guilford Township and Hummel Park reserve the right to remove any person from the park for violating any of the above rules, or any park rule, regulation policy or ordinance.