Where natural beauty and recreation come together
Hummel Park is located just minutes west of the Indianapolis International Airport in Plainfield, Indiana, near Interstate 70 and State Road 267 Interchange. Because of its central location and the many amenities within its 205 acres, Hummel Park is the perfect gathering place for families and friends.
Our guests have told us that Hummel Park is one of the most beautifully-kept public parks anywhere, and the staff of Hummel Park works hard to maintain that image.
Hummel Park History
In the early 1980’s, Jim Hummel, then the Guilford Township Trustee (1976-1982), visualized a large park on the south side of Plainfield. He worked with the Indiana State government in acquiring approximately 200 acres of available land, which became available in 1984 after Mr. Hummel’s death. Trustee Mick Hickam and board members, Charles Morris, Glenn Pryor, and Bill Cherry completed Mr. Hummel’s work in establishing Hummel Park, which was named in Mr. Hummel’s memory and appreciation of his dedication.
Looking to rent space in Hummel Park?
The Guilford Township Community Center is the perfect place for your indoor banquet needs. Whether it’s a wedding or a family reunion, the community center is a welcoming environment. The Guilford Township Community Center is located at 1500 S. Center St., Plainfield, Indiana 46168.
The Charleston Pavilion is an outdoor facility designed for weddings, company picnics, and other large-scale outdoor events. This unique facility is the perfect beautiful setting for your wedding or event. The Charleston Pavilion is located at 5373 S. County Road 700 East, Plainfield, Indiana 46168.
The Hummel Park Performing Arts Center is home to a variety of events, including the Hummel Park Summer Concert Series. For more information about activities at the Performing Arts Center, visit our Events page. The Hummel Park Performing Arts Center is not available for private rental. The Performing Arts Center is located at 5373 S. County Road 700 East, Plainfield, Indiana 46168.
Need Assistance with a Rental?
To book a shelter house or gazebo, the Guilford Township Community Center, the Charleston Pavilion, or a sports field, you must contact the Office of the Park Administrator, located at 1500 S. Center St., Plainfield, IN 46168, during regular office hours. It is recommended that you call before visiting, since the staff may be conducting park business outside the office. Make sure you have the following information before contacting our office to schedule your rental:
- Requested rental date and alternate dates.
- Valid government-issued photo ID with correct address.
- Proof of residency if seeking township resident discount (utility bill or bank statement within last 60 days with correct address).
- Requested rental time (for shelters and gazebos, the rental period is an all-day rental. For the Community Center, Charleston Pavilion or sports facility rentals, rates are based on the number of hours rented and must be between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- Information on the type of event you plan to host.
- The number of people who will attend the event.
- Special requests, such as having amplified sound, use of other special equipment. These must be approved by the Park Administrator at the time of reservation.
- If you are renting for a corporation, non-profit group or as an individual.
Please note that payment of the entire balance (including deposits) is due at the time of reservation. Payments may be made by cash or check. Checks will not be accepted for payment if it is within two weeks of the reservation date.